Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cats and Cars

At the Uplands Road house. I sneak out of the front bedroom onto the lawn. A cat asks me how I got out without going through the kitchen. I explain about the window. The cat then asks how I got a glass of water during the night without going to the kitchen. When I tell the cat I got water from the bathroom he is concerned the water there is bad. I tell him it is fine. It occurs to me that the questions about the kitchen are a ploy designed to make me feed the cat. He complains that he has had too much sex recently. I realize a talking cat is unusual. "You're a clever little thing, aren't you?" I say. The cat agrees.

At the Fitzjohn Avenue house. The family is there, as are Chrissie and Jeff. Sometimes they are Geoff and Eileen. I walk down the street and notice most of the cars are on their roofs. There seems to have been a crash near the house. A car door rests on the sidewalk. A beach buggy with balloon tires comes racing down the hill and overturns. I go inside and tell my step father he should check outside in case Geoff's car has been totaled.

No comments:

Post a Comment