Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Dogs of War

On a Tron light cycle. Riding, but not racing, with other people down a long lane. On a nearby cycle is a camera crew. Each light cycle has a TV monitor showing the images being filmed. A dog is driving one of the light cycles. I am delighted when it falls off. A golden retriever comes running towards me with a stick. I take the stick and throw it as hard as I can in the hope that the dog will get run over. The stick does not travel far. Just before I reach the end of the lane everything goes dark. When the lights are turned on again there is a closed door in front of me. Norman Schwarzkopf is there giving a press conference about the database behind the door. I know he has no idea what he is talking about and start to ask a question, but someone behind me interrupts. I turn around and shout at the person to shut up. I finish my question and Schwarzkopf makes a joke to evade answering. I walk outside and ask a woman: "Are they all mad, or is it me?" She tells me Schwarzkopf is really stupid and says: "He was making tea in the big pot in the kitchen, but he put in one too many teabags, so he took one out and put it in the fridge."

No comments:

Post a Comment