Saturday, October 10, 2009

Atheist Paranoia

In a decrepit room. There is food on the floor. My brother and I are having a physically violent argument. His violent behavior is partially the result of alcohol abuse. I leave and drive around. I have moved to Minneapolis to live with Gina.

Outside PJs in Baltimore. A large basket above the front door contains bottles of cold beer. People are helping themselves. Scott is there with friends. He doesn't recognize me but his friends say they remember me from a conference. I walk home and get intimidated by people sitting on their stoops. An African-American woman asks me: "Are you all Christians?" I tell her I am an atheist. I continue walking and am joined by a child who tells me how wonderful his church is. His description avoids mention of religion as if he knows that would put me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment