Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tomatoes

In a pub. Dolphin Dave is the landlord. Some of my students are there.

In a bath. A long-haired American man is washing my hair and massaging my scalp. He provides a running commentary on the process like it is a great artistic event. This annoys me. As I get out of the bath I throw him in it. He hits his head and loses consciousness. I drag him out to prevent him from drowning. I check he is breathing. He is, so I leave.

In a pub at closing time. It is nearly empty. El is there. She says she must have some of my tomatoes. I tell her they are still green, but she insists. Outside the pub I check my watch. 3:30 a.m., but the sun is already shining. The sky is a deep blue like I am seeing it through shades. I walk past a man who is standing outside a row of cottages. The cottages are small and slightly run down. I am depressed by the fact my lack of money means I will have to live in a place like this. "They've got the power going again," says the man.

Walking with El. We meet a woman with dark blonde hair and bright red lipstick pushing a pram. There is no baby. She addresses me by name and I ask her how she knows who I am. She says she overheard my name. She wears a brown skirt and puts one foot on a wall. The wall surrounds a graveyard. I end our conversation by saying "The truth will out!" I am trying to be enigmatic because I find the woman attractive.

At the tomato plants with an unknown woman. She criticizes me. Calls me a "crazy artist." Instead of picking tomatoes I have to water tiny plants. They are in a seed tray . A fine spray of water is falling. I have to get the lid off the seed tray. My hands get wet.

In a physics lecture given by Ken. He asks me what he should cover and decides to derive Torricelli's law, but I see he has the wrong notes. His handwriting on the board is almost illegible.

No comments:

Post a Comment