Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ravioli

Fighting with my brunette wife. In frustration I break crockery and windows in our house. I have the feeling we are both dead.

At my neighbor's house. He owns a bar. He has invited people over for a party. Many of them are young Englishwomen who walk past me in single file. I kiss one of them and notice that she tastes of tomato sauce. It is visible on her lips. I ask her if she has been eating ravioli. She says she has. The party goes on all night. There are sinister undertones.

The first light of morning. I am wearing my pajamas, boiling water for coffee and cooking breakfast. There are wild animals wandering about. My neighbor and I have particular trouble with a couple of bears, one black one brown. Giraffes wander by. I put on khaki trousers. I am supposed to let some gypsies into the house while my neighbor leaves to deal with a pick-up truck. A man arrives at the house and comments that my trousers are government issue. "Yeah," says my neighbor, "he can understand any official language and do what he likes with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment