Monday, February 15, 2010

Ghost Car

In a huge house next to a park. The middle-aged man and woman who own it are there. We are served drinks.

I am watering their plants. The woman gets in the way and knocks over one of the plants.

The three of us and a younger woman go outside. The house is more like a castle. People are dressed in costumes. It looks like RenFest.

The young woman and I are transported to London. Crossing a road I take her arm because she is American and not used to the traffic flow. I have to concentrate since it has been so long that I have been in England.

We reach a traffic island half way across the road. A ghost car stops to let us continue crossing. It leans to the left. Either the suspension is broken or the left front tire is flat. The windshield of the ghost car is missing but I cannot see inside. The paint has rusted or burned off leaving a dull, blotched gray.

The young woman and I discuss how we will return to the castle. We see a hill that looks like the one the castle stands on. It is night. A light shines from the sky above the hill. The light is helping us return and sends the woman three bottles each containing liquid like a perfume. She counts as she pours the liquid on us so that she pours the right amount. She knows the right amount because she is magical. I am practical. With the liquid on us we will both be magical.

We return to the interior of the castle which is a museum. We are running to escape before the museum doors close at five. The woman is clinging to me slowing us down.

A mother with her child holds a glass door open for us. We reach it just in time.

3 comments:

  1. This is the one that reminded me of the Ferrari museum, crossing the street, etc and somehow I knew reading it would be in '14.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oil reminded me of this thieves oil I was making / wearing from my mom I called "magical oil" and the ren fest remark was something I said and made me remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It hurts that you are mad at me now. I really do love you in a completely human way that is immune to bullshit, but watching you hurt yourself on old hangups hurts me. You are a good man. You deserve kindness.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete