Friday, October 30, 2009

SORY SARA

By a hotel pool. Sitting with Dana in reclining chairs. Sara's husband is behind me. He talks loudly, apparently to nobody in particular, but it seems like he is doing it to make sure I hear. He says he is getting a drink for Sara, with a heavy emphasis on her name, and that Sara deserves to get drunk. This makes me angry. I get up abruptly and return to my room. I cannot remember my room number. I look at the swipe card but there is no number on it. I think my floor number is 45 or 46. I'm in an elevator that is going up but I do not know which floor we are at. The elevator seems to be malfunctioning. I observe this without anxiety. When the elevator finally stops the doors do not open initially. I feel we are at floor 46 and that this is not my floor. I get confused by the elevator buttons as I try to find and press 45. It is difficult to read the upper buttons. The doors open. I get off the elevator but I am not in a hotel corridor. I am facing a concrete wall the top of which is covered in straw. I start to slide down the wall and clutch at the straw. Again I am not anxious. As I slide downwards I notice my watch gets pulled off my left wrist and gets stuck on the top of the wall. Something is on fire.

At ground level outside the building. The pool patio is no longer by the hotel lobby. I have to walk a few blocks to get to the pool. The sky is overcast and there is snow and ice everywhere. Half way back to the pool I remember I lost my watch. "I paid for that" I say and go back to get it.

By the pool in sunshine. Dana is sunbathing in a bikini. She says "did you hit him?" I reply "No, I didn't hit him. I don't want to go to jail." I say this lightly and Dana laughs but I think to myself that I should have hit him and that I am making light of it artificially. Dana says when he was behind me talking about Sara he was looking at me, making it clear it was him and not me who is with Sara.

A psychotherapist's surgery. Brian from Family Guy tells the therapist he is in love with his best friend's wife.

Looking at the buttons in the elevator. I am trying to decipher the top one that I could not read before. It looks like 50.67. As I look closer it becomes SORY. It is written in my handwriting. I notice the symmetry between SORY and SARA.

In my house. Sara and her husband are walking across the street towards my driveway. At the sidewalk they turn left and start to walk towards 10th Street. When they are a few feet past my front path Sara separates from her husband and cuts across my front garden. She comes into the house and we start talking. Dana and Janelle are there. Sara laughs at something I say and says "How can I avoid being in a relationship with you?" I realize with mixed joy that she means she wants to be with me.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of some of my more hallucinatory dream sequences. Perhaps Katze Von Swish is keeping a dream diary?

    Also, very nice kaleidoscope sequence. You need some Laguerre-Gaussian laser beam patterns in there too.

    ReplyDelete