Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bus Stop

In a white room. Two women and a man are clumsily having sex on a bed. They are half-dressed in formal Victorian clothes.

On a train with the man and one of the women. The carriage is open like a London Underground train with a central aisle where people are walking. A middle-aged American man with dark hair tells me he hoped to get a seat in the dining car so he could watch the ball-game, but all the seats are taken. We tell him there is no ball-game. He replies "the ball-game in the film." Doors at each end of the carriage open and another train passes through ours.

Standing on a high street with Robert. I think I see Claudia and Michelle but they are two women I do not know. It feels like we are in Barnet waiting for the 84 but the timetable at the bus stop says "104 BOLTON." It is dusk and a bus without lights drives past. The destination indicator says "104 DAINES." Robert says this proves Bolton is in the West End. I tell him it is near Manchester. I eat a chocolate bar and suggest that later we could get some chips. Robert tells me he doesn't hug people enough so I hug him and accidentally tread on his foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment